Fish and Cheeps

Aye Aye Captain

The Eight Syllables

Monday, April 5, 2010

Shell House Continued







My creative mind sees things a bit different - take this upstairs bathroom mirror, a view of the Caribbean outside and a self portrait. So Catz-like.

These are the faucet knobs of the shower in the main house. Looks like the shower is well used by the missing piece on the right side.

See the chair in the background? There are two of them also created by Mr. Ocampo. The story behind them - - wait until I show you a better photo.

Did you know conch shells have bellybuttons..and moles? Well this shell house does. It's really the peak or top of the ceiling looking up from bed (main house).

I don't know the real name of this painting. We christened it The Blue Lady - **will look for it on the internet. It is one of my favorites.























Now this one here, Mr. Ocampo has done two versions - ABSENTS OF A MERMAID which is this one here and another he calls DREAM OF A MERMAID. Website listed below. I like Absents of A Mermaid best of the two.

It took me a few days to find the mermaid's upper shoulders and torso. Nady spotted it first and was amazed that we didn't catch it when she did. Joke about this is the one upstairs of The Blue Lady - she never saw the lady's face until one night when she woke up Jackie and said "Do you see that Lady in that picture"? To that Jackie must have laughed, said "Yeah" and rolled back over to finish sleeping. Amazing what the eye of the beholder sees. And I must say after a few shots of tequila, we said more than we saw - but that is a PRIVATE THANG BETWEEN SYLLABLES.

During one of my late Tequila Nights I went around the house counting shells - lost track cuz I can't count past two thousand under the "influence of agave"! I did manage to count six hundred and twelve shells and that's not including the ones in the baby shell, in the two portraits, around the pool, grounds or fence.





Can you see the full Mermaid in this shot?





Here's a Mermaid we call Sista Sol. (Kodi). We all became mermaids of sorts - my fellow companions were truly Water Mermaids; swimming & snorkeling in the ocean and frolicking in the pool-my preference was Cristal Water for my coffee, luxurious long hot showers and tequila. Did I mention I like tequila? Ship me a bottle of Corellajo Blanco at (e-mail me for the home address).

That wonderful, comfortable circular couch of yellow and blue. Each of us had picked a spot to call our own - you'll see where in later photos. We napped, cried, laughed, ate, slept, farted (gotcha), lap-topped, lounged, daydreamed, made plans, recalled daily happenings, drank and drank some more on that circle.

The curtains with shell tiebacks really blocked the afternoon sun, provided privacy when needed and I loved opening the window on the left of Sista Sol for that refreshing ocean breeze day and night; also to hear geckos and iguanas signaling "last call for cocktails" which never happened with us! Kodi fell in love with the fan coral on the computer niche (to the left of her in this photo). We decided that we'd hunt for some later in the week. So many early plans, some we did, others we shelved, most are in our memories.

Speaking of plans, we better unpack, can't act like vacationers here in paradise. We left our gear here for the time being as we looked around the main shell and the Baby Shell. Raquel told us we were VERY SAFE here.

There's a story of the mermaid above our luggage. It seems she has wings and the way the daylight and ambient light in the house strikes her, she seems to float in midair. Fa-reek-ee!!


**Note of interest

While perusing the internet for Ocampo paintings, I discovered that I have had one of his paintings in my front foyer for six years. It is entitled Calvary. {go to www.VisionsFineArt.com - 3rd photo on the right top row} Totally FREAKED ME OUT - I talked with Bob, had to call Kodi and I am in awe that I've had a piece of this man's art in my home. Call it kismet, karma, blind luck, you name it - I was meant to be in Shell House.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - some really amazing art in that house! And yes, I see the mermaid. Cool that you've had that painting all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool house, thanks for sharing all the pics! And thanks for the link to Ocampo's paintings! Love em!

    Linda
    Isla Chica

    ReplyDelete